Friday, August 5, 2011

Facebook



Well, I finally did it, I created a Facebook page for DIGImmortal Photo. I'm not a big social media kinda guy. I'm far too private to feel comfortable in a world of "look at what I'm eating" or "I'm here at this place, come find me."

However, regardless of my own personal use, or non-use, of such a site or service, there is no denying the powerhouse of a marketing tool that it is. There is an old adage of: "You have to fish where the fish are" and with millions of users from around the world it's really stupid to not have an online presence within Facebook. I signed up for Twitter long ago, and use it almost daily as a means of keeping in touch with fans and finding new prospects, and just sharing basic happenings about my business. Facebook always seemed too exposed for me. Now that I think about it, though, exposed is exactly what any business needs in this struggling economy. If you aren't exposed, you are ignored, and that's precisely what any small-business owner feels like these days.

I do have the page linked to my twitter, so both will update together, in most cases. I figure this is a good way to share more images with more people. It's never a bad thing to have multiple places for people to discover you, especially as an artist. Here's to hoping it remains a positive experience on there.

You can find me and "Like" me HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment