Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Conversation With Daniel



This blog post is long overdue, and due to the hectic nature of the last few weeks/months, I won't have enough time to go into full detail. However, there's something very important happening tonight that I want everyone to know about.

I'm sure almost everyone remembers Daniel, the beagle that was put, with other dogs, into a gas chamber in an Alabama shelter to be euthanized, and came out alive. Late last year Daniel made headlines for surviving the gas chamber when all the other animals in with him died, proving that user error was not a factor.

Shortly after, he was taken in by 11th Hour Rescue in NJ, and then adopted to Joe Dwyer of Nutley, NJ. I had worked previously with Joe when I filmed some footage of his pit bull rescue Shelby for a music video that I was asked to make for Monica Richards' cover of the song "Like Animals." Joe contacted me in late January, along with a mutual friend of ours, multiple award-winning director/producer Steven C. Crowley, to ask if I would help create a short film that outlined Daniel's story and explained what lies ahead for him.

I was honored to help and was brought in as Director of Photography and Editor of the film. We shot over 2 months time and I edited along the way to speed up the process. We hit a few minor speed bumps, but I feel we were very blessed to have an incredible team of people on the project that worked well together. It also helps that we all shared the common goal of telling Daniel's story and using it to save animals in the future.

Tonight at the Pets & Heroes Awards Dinner, the film will premier to an audience of over 200 animal advocates, as well as premiering online via Daniel's Facebook profile and fan page, and later tonight on his official website www.danielthebeagle.com

If you have not yet joined the event on Facebook, you can do so here.

Around 5PM EDT, we will be making the video public and posting it to various pages associated with Daniel and this project.

Please join us tonight. If you don't, or if you're reading this after the event/premier is over (my fault, no time to blog lately) please know that you can access it any time, as it will be available indefinitely on YouTube after tonight.


More soon,
-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment