Monday, July 1, 2013

Under The Bridge

DIGImmortal Photo: Online Store: Architecture &emdash;

When it comes to architectural photography, I've always been a fan of bridge photographs. Last week I decided to get out for a hike, and when venturing into the Palisades Interstate Park, I went a little too far down the road and ended up near a pathway that takes you right up to and under the George Washington Bridge. Originally I was there to find the hiking path to a waterfall I'd heard about, so talk about getting your destination mixed up! Either way, the scenery was nice and made for a few good photo ops.




I walked along the river, snapping shots off as I approached the massive steel structure. It's simply incredible how things like this are built to carry so much weight and for such a long period of heavy traffic. You can clearly see in the second photo below, how intricate the beaming system is under the bridge.


DIGImmortal Photo: Online Store: Architecture &emdash;

Now, since my photography is mostly music-based, I'm sure you were expecting some Red Hot Chili Peppers when you read the post title, and I would be lying if I said the song didn't pop in my head as I was taking these photos. 



Also, these 2 photos have been added to my Architecture Art gallery and are available to purchase as prints in my store. Please follow this link to browse and purchase.

That's all for now. Enjoy the photos and by all means pick up a print or two.

More soon,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment